Brilliant first row on the grid at the Home-Grand-Prix
Marcel Schrötter snatches third starting position in the qualifying on Sachsenring, which means his fifth front row start of the season. Tom Lüthi will attack at the last race before the summer break from fourth row on the grid.
It was pure excitement today at the Sachsenring circuit, after the Dynavolt IntactGP riders did show their ambition to push for one of the front rows during the Q2-qualifying practice already during the last free practice this morning, which they finished with Tom Lüthi in second and Marcel Schrötter only 0.072 seconds behind his teammate in sixth position.
The plan came to work for Marcel Schrötter later on. The Bavarian went back on track five minutes before the closure of the session after a brief pit stop and did put everything on one card to deliver a perfect lap. And that was, what he did. With his lap time of 1’23.667 he achieved the third place on the grid behind Luca Marini and missed out on the pole position, taken by Alex Marquez, by only 80 hundreds of a second.
The championship-leader Tom Lüthi whereas did not have the perfect run today during the 15-minutes-qualifying-session. Also he did return to the pit box once to get a new rear tyre. He was able to improve his time to 1’24.027, but still was missing four tenths of a second onto the top. The Swiss will start tomorrow’s race from 12th in fourth row and has 28 laps in total to blaze the trail with his strong pace.
1. Brad BINDER / RSA / KTM - 1'23.876
2. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 1'24.043 (+0.167)
3. Remy GARDNER / AUS / KALEX - 1'24.055 (+0.179)
6. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'24.115 (+0.239)
1. Alex MARQUEZ / SPA / KALEX - 1'23.585
2. Luca MARINI / ITA / KALEX - 1'23.664 (+0.079)
3. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'23.667 (+0.082)
12. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 1'24.027 (+0.442)